Monday 15 June 2015

~Jack, Mary & The Incurable Romantic~


Jack run with chainsaws in my head
left me in gutters
or in treetops
lurching precarious
each branch thinner
more rotten than the next

Scary,
how empty bottles
still ain't pretty to watch

The vapours
made me happy to forget
before I remembered
all the reasons they were swallowed
and had to take more
until my body screamed
stop...

The women
fucked with me, as I with them
years dancing
past impossible quests
the search for love everlasting
or some bullshit et cetera
'Que sera-sera'

Chronic?
Yes!
Cynic?
you bet.

But once in a while
electric tingling over the bridge
the faintest whisper
a wraith crawling sickly from the heart
inspired by a word or a smile
a simple turn of her head

Soulmate, is that you--
where've you been all my life?

WHERE THE FUCK have you been,
you long lost shit?

"Sanity"

No comments:

Post a Comment